Friday, January 7, 2011

Nathan wrote this statement as his status one day on Facebook: 
Keep my full attention on you Lord and guide ALL my relationships.  It reminded me of the following verse:  You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!  Isaiah 26:3

Everyday it seems like Nathan teaches me a new truth.  In the hospital, I prayed that we would not lose any of Nathan's personality.  God has totally answered that prayer...  we have Nathan back fully.  But, as he continues to heal, we are learning that his personality has altered a little bit.  Nathan is so much more patient, kind, loving, compassionate.  I believe that is due to a life whose full attention is on God, and he (Nathan) is taking on the fruit of the Spirit.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” (Galatians 5:22)

I believe - much like when you spend time with a friend, often times you begin to "act" like them, perhaps laugh like they do - or perhaps you take on other distinctions just from being with them.  When we "hang" with the Lord, we take on His personality - His likeness!   WOW!  To see such  a dramatic change, all I can do is praise God!

Thank you all for standing in the gap for this man of God!  Pray that God would make His plan for Him clear - and that Nathan would walk in it!

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."  (Isaiah 30:21)

With all my heart~

Julie 

1 comment:

  1. I keep praying for him! So excited to hear of his recovery plus growth! - Bev L.

    ReplyDelete