Tuesday, December 7, 2010

News on Nathan

Hi everyone!


I thought it might be helpful to let everyone know our updates by blogging.  It's either that - or hiring a publicist.  And since there is no time to interview applicants...  we are blogging.

Sunday, December 5, 2010, we were awakened to one of those dreaded, middle of the night calls -- Nathan (our middle son) was in an altercation  and fell, and hit his head.  The words were, "he's been intubated"  I knew instantly, we were in trouble.  When we finally saw Nate, we were stunned by the tubes, the swollen head... and emotionless expression on our 26 year old's face. He has suffered a fractured skull and several small bleeds on the brain and spinal cord.  There is some swelling in the brain, tomorrow there is a CT scan with contrast to see the extent of that. Over the past two days, numerous CT scans have been performed, medications have been modified, but until Nathan is able to follow simple commands, the tube will not be moved.  Today we saw him open his eyes, and he has responded to my voice. 

Our prayers:

1.  First and foremost,  I want to see God glorified.  Like Moses, I just want His presence, and I desire that others see it too!  Someone once said "Id rather walk with You in a valley, than to dance on the mountain top alone!"  He has not left us!

2.  Pray that our Nathan is completely restored and healed.

3.  Pray that lives are changed from the miracles they witness!

God desires to show us His glory; however, as He passes by, we must believe He is doing all He promised!
Stay tuned!  I love you all!

Julie (for all the Smiths!!)

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not stopped praying for this special young man. God WILL be glorified! Praying for complete recovery, and all the other requests you have listed. We love Nate, and all of you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying so hard. I love Nathan, I love you guys, and my heart is in that hospital room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,
    thank you for keeping us updated. Our prayers are with Nate and with your whole family. Our God is a Mighty God and Nate is one of His precious sons.

    We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely praying and asking everyone I know to do the same thing. Love and hugs to you, Mark, and Nathan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Prayers are with you!
    I will keep Nathan lifted up!
    Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, Mark, and family,
    I'm praying for you all. -Bev Larkin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you all - and echoing your prayers that Nathan would be fully healed by our Magnificent Healer, and that He would be glorified.

    Love you, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will most definitely keep Nathan in our family's prayers. I will also lift him up in prayer in our Thrive College-Age ministry as well. We really enjoyed his very insightful contributions to our discussions! God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you...the best words to share are His: "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint" (Isaiah 40:31).

    "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (ROM 15:13)
    Love you, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie,
    Thanks for the blog--our love and prayers continue.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for Nathan and your family, Julie!!
    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for Nathan and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie and Mark

    My mothers heart aches with you. I know you want to carry Nathan's burden right now. We will carry it with you to our Lord.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie & Mark: I will be praying earnestly for you, Nathan and the medical staff. My favorite passage is Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

    ReplyDelete